Little Angel SNB

Monday, October 15, 2007

Airshow Fun & More

This weekend was the AIRSHOW, which in our house is a big deal. Those of you who know Sal know that he's crazy about jets and that the Airshow is like to the Superbowl to him. Since we've been together (many years) we have gone every year (except last year I didn't make it as Sofia was just 7 days old). The last few years we have brought our nephew Joey which has been really cool as he loves to hear everything Uncle Sal has to say about all the jets.

So let's go back to Saturday. I finally had time to go through Sofia's drawers and pack up all the clothes that are too small for her now. Then I put all her new stuff from her birthday away. Sofia of course helped me by opening each drawer I finished and pulling out the clothes I just folded. She was so darn cute and serious that I let her do it a few times before I distracted her with some new toys. Saturday afternoon we went to a BBQ at our friends house where Sofia got to play with their boys and swing on their swing set, which she loves. Then from there we took Sofia to her first Twilight Airshow. She was just in awe of the jet sounds and the lights. We stayed for the awesome firework show (better than the 4th of July) and it was truly memorable to see Sofia's face take in all the beautiful fireworks in the sky.

Sunday we dropped Sofia off at Auntie's and picked up Joey for our day at the Airshow. Thanks to our BIL Steve we had a preferred parking pass and the most awesome seats ever!!! They were Center Stage right on the flight line - Sal was in heaven. Not to mention a tent for shade and food/drinks provided. It was really great! We were there all day from about 8:15am to 4pm and had a great time. We got to see a bunch of different jets, the Stealthfighter, and the Thunderbirds. Though the jury is still out on if they compare to the Blue Angels.

Before you knew it our weekend had come to an end and it was time to prepare for the work week. Here are a few pictures from the last few days:







2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home